1. Baking Soda
As baking soda helps absorb moisture from the skin, it can absorb sweat and reduce body odor. Plus, it kills bacteria and works like a natural deodorant.
- Mix one tablespoon each of baking soda and lemon juice. Apply it to your underarms and other body parts where you sweat excessively.
- Leave it on for a couple of minutes and wash it off with water; do not scrub. Then take a shower or bath. Do this once daily for a few weeks.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a powerful bacteria-fighting ingredient. It also helps eliminate body odor by balancing the pH level of your skin.
- Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and rub it on your underarms. Wait two to three minutes and then take your shower.
- Follow this remedy twice daily, once in the morning and again before going to bed, until you notice improvement.
- Alternatively, add one cup of apple cider vinegar to lukewarm bath water. Soak in this water for 10 minutes once daily.
- You can also add two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar along with a little honey to a glass of warm water. Drink it three times daily before eating your meals.
- Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is great for treating body odor. The acidic property of lemon juice helps lower the skin’s pH level, which in turn makes it difficult for odor-producing bacteria to survive.
- Cut one fresh lemon into two halves. Rub one half of the lemon on your underarms. Make sure the juice gets onto your skin.
- Allow it to dry on its own, and then take your shower. Follow this remedy once daily until the odor is gone completely.
- If you have sensitive skin, you can dilute the juice from half a lemon in one-half cup of water and apply it to your underarms using a cotton ball.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes, and then wash it off with water. Do this once daily until you notice improvement.
Rosemary inhibits growth of odor-causing bacteria. It also contains menthol and chlorophyll, which have natural deodorant properties that neutralize strong body odor and also lend a nice fragrance to your body. Plus, it has zinc, of which a deficiency can cause body odor.
- Add one-half cup of dried rosemary leaves to four cups of hot water. Allow it to steep for 10 minutes, and then add it to your bath water.
- Soak in this bath water for 15 to 20 minutes. Pat dry your skin. Follow this remedy once daily to smell nice throughout the day.
- Alternatively, mix eight to 10 drops of rosemary essential oil in one ounce of water and apply it under your arms as a deodorant.
Alcohol is another useful remedy to remove armpits odor. To stop underarm perspiration odor, gently rub some alcohol.
- Application of alcohol on the skin helps close the pores. It evaporates easily and reduces the smell.
- You can also add some alcohol in a mug of water and use it to rinse your armpits.
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Underarm odor is very embarrassing and should be treated immediately to prevent further infection. To do away with dirty smell of armpits, hydrogen peroxide is an effective remedy.
- Prepare a solution by adding one teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide in a cup of water. Stir the solution well. Now, take a clean washcloth and dip it in this solution.
- Apply it under your arms for some time. This will help kill the bacteria, creating odor.
- Turnip Juice
- Grate a turnip. Squeeze out the juice from the grated turnip.
- Apply this fresh juice under your arms. This will reduce the odor for maximum 10 hours.
- Rose Water
- Rose water is a very soothing remedy to remove underarm odor.
- Apply some rose water under your arms which will deodorize the affected area.
- You can also add a few drops of rosewater in your bathtub for a long-lasting freshness.
- Just extract juice of two dozens of radish. Add some glycerin to it. After mixing well, fill it in a spray bottle. Store it in the refrigerator. Shake it well before use.
- It will act as a natural deodorant.
- Crystal Rock
- Crystal rock is also suitable for removing underarm odor. Crystal rock, made from mineral salt, effectively blocks the sweat glands.
- It acts as a natural antiperspirant. Use it as a deodorant under your arms to reduce the amount of perspiration.
- Tomato Pulp
- Extract pulp from a tomato and apply it directly on your armpits. Leave it for 15 minutes. Clean it and experience the after effects.
- To get effective results, practice this remedy for a few weeks.
- Baby Powder
- The mild fragrance of baby powder helps eliminate underarm odor.
- Apply some baby powder under your armpits to lessen the bad smell.
- Sandalwood Powder
- Sandalwood powder is known for its soothing aroma. It is helpful in removing foul underarm smell.
- Prepare a paste by adding sufficient amount of water in some sandalwood powder.
- Mix it well and apply it on your armpits. Leave it until it gets dried. Wash with clean water.
# SHAVE UNDERARMS
A lot of hair under your arms can create a swampy environment for bacteria. Hair is porous, meaning it easily absorbs odors and can even slow the evaporation of sweat. Hair traps odorants, especially when it’s located in your armpits. Burns recommends shaving your underarms to stop body odor so the “bacteria doesn’t get trapped in the hair thus decreasing odor.”