Signs and Symptoms of Food Poisoning
There are various symptoms that can help to identify that the person is infected from food poisoning. These are:
- Abdominal cramps
- Excessive salivation
- Stomach pain
- Tears in the eyes
- Mental confusion
- Partial loss of vision or speech
- Dry mouth
- Muscle paralysis
- Drink one cup of ginger tea after eating lunch or dinner to stop heartburn, nausea and other symptoms associated with food poisoning. To make ginger tea, boil one teaspoon grated ginger in a cup of water for a few minutes, add a little sugar or honey and your tea is ready.
- Another option is to add a few drops of ginger juice to one teaspoon of honey and swallow it several times a day to reduce inflammation and pain.
- Drink 3-4 cups of peppermint tea or eat anything that contains peppermint or menthol, like chewing gum or hard candies. Peppermint calms down the contraction in the stomach, help in digesting food, and expel gas. Even a little toothpaste can work for curing this trouble.
- Lemon contains anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial compounds, which kills bacteria that cause food poisoning.
- A teaspoon of lemon juice can be consumed with a pinch of sugar. This can be consumed 2-3 times a day. To clean out the system, lemon juice can also be drunk with a glass of warm water.
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Though acidic in nature apple cider vinegar has an alkaline effect due to the way it is metabolized in the body.
- Just mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup of hot water and drink it before eating your food.
- Alternatively, you can drink two to three teaspoons of undiluted apple cider vinegar.
- Bananas are easy on your stomach because they are easy to digest. Plus, being rich in potassium, they help your potassium stores depleted due to vomiting and diarrhea.
- Eating just one banana will also help restore your energy level. You can simply eat a ripe banana or make a tasty and healthy banana shake and drink it two to three times a day.
- Honey is not only nature’s energy booster, but it is also a wonderful natural remedy for numerous ailments.
- Dilute one teaspoon of organic honey in a glass of luke warm water. Drink this sweet concoction two or three times a day to get relief from food poisoning.