Diphtheria is a serious infectious disease. It is caused by bacteria through droplet transmission. The transmission could be from mouth. The infectious bacteria usually enter through nose, eyes and mouth. Most of the times, it stays in the throat and the symptoms are very general. They are because of the toxins that are produced and spread throughout the bloodstream. When a person suffers from it, the respiration is hindered.
- Garlic is known to cure many deadly diseases. It has this uncanny feel of giving relief in most dire situations. As a remedy, take a spoonful of 2-3 crushed garlic cloves and it works wonders for curing this disease. Roll it in the mouth and swallow it. Keep repeating it for some time.
- Grab a tobacco pipe with a live coal in its bowl. Now place a little tar on it and smoke it in your mouth, drawing it out from the nostrils. This process is safe and tested and can be done easily.
- Make a paste of castor leaves, drumstick leaves and garlic. When the paste is ready, let the patient inhale it and also gargle this paste with lukewarm water.
- Normal salt may be a good option for sore throat. Just drink a glass full of water with salt. The mixture of salt and water would definitely help in reducing the effect. It is helpful in breathing problem that usually occur due to lack of salt in the body.
Government recommended schedule for childhood vaccinations:
- Birth to 2 months: hepatitis B.
- 2 months: polio; diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus (D.P.T.); Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib).
- 2 to 4 months: hepatitis B.
- 4 months: polio; D.P.T., Hib.
- 6 months: D.P.T, Hib.
- 6 months to 18 months: hepatitis B and polio.
- 12-15 months: D.P.T.; Hib, measles, mumps, rubella (M.M.R.).
- 12-18 months: chicken pox.
- 4-6 years: polio; D.P.T., M.M.R.