Your nails tell a lot about you. Strong and healthy nails serve as the perfect representative of the overall health and wellness of a person. Fortunately, you do not need a lot of time and money to maintain healthy nails. Here are a few tips and recipes to help you.
Sea salt soak for brittle nails
2 tbsps. – fine grain sea salt
2 drops – lemon essential oil or some lemon juice
2 drops – frankincense essential oil (optional)
2 drops – myrrh essential oil (optional)
2 drops – wheat germ oil (optional)
Add the ingredients to a small bowl of warm water. Soak your nails for 10 to 15 minutes, two times a week and then apply hand cream. You will notice the results very soon.
Beer, oil and apple cider vinegar nail soak
¼ cup – apple cider vinegar
¼ cup – olive oil
½ cup – beer
Heat olive oil (warm to touch). Mix well with beer and apple cider vinegar. Soak your nails for 10 to 15 minutes. Enjoy your strengthened and nourished nails.
Cayenne pepper mask for brittle nails
1 tsp. – hand cream
½ tsp. – cayenne pepper
10 drops – water
Mix the ingredients well, apply to nails for 15-20 minutes, rinse. Leftover mixture can be kept in a fridge. Use 1 to 2 times a week.
Black currant nail mask recipe
1 tbsp. – black currant
1 tbsp. – wheat flour
½ tbsp. – cream
Mash black currant with back of spoon until pulpy. Mix well with cream and flour. Apply the mixture on your nails, put on cotton gloves, leave it for 2 hours, then rinse.
Herbal nail treatment recipe
1 tbsp. – dry chamomile flowers
1 tbsp. – dry peppermint
2 tbsps. – wheat flour
½ tsp. – olive oil
1 cup – water
Pour boiling water over the mixed herbs. Steep for 1-1 ½ hours, then strain. Blend well with flour and olive oil. Apply the mixture on your nails and leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse.
For simply wanting a whiter appearance to nails that have yellowed due to over-use of nail polish, or dryness of nails due to using finger nail polish remover often, soak the nails in lemon juice alone for 15 minutes. Then rinse your hands in warm water, and enjoy brighter, whiter-tipped, healthier nails.
Beauty arms and legs
Dark elbow and knee
- Rub lime juice over the discolored area and leave for 15-20 minutes. Soak a towel in hot water and scrub firmly. Repeat this for 2 weeks.
- Mix half teaspoon of lime juice with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Apply and wash in the same way with a hot towel. Repeat this everyday for better results.
- Take 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon of any oil. Massage between both palms for a minute and rinse after 10 minutes.
- Take 1 teaspoon of sugar along with 1 teaspoon of lime juice and rub between palms for a minute or two and wash after 10-15 minutes.
Rough hands and feet
- Add corn flour to hot water and soak hands and feet in it for 5-10 minutes before sleep.
- Make a paste out of roasted onion by smashing it. Apply this paste on cracked heels and wash after 20 minutes. Continue this for one month and you will see the difference.
- After a bath massage Mustard oil well into hands and feet when your body is still moist. Wash with water and pat with a towel to dry.
- Add half teaspoon Vinegar to half a cup of curd. Massage feet and ankles well with this mix and wash after five minutes.
- Mix Candle wax with Mustard oil and heat. Now apply this gently on the cracked areas of the heels. Wear socks over this, leave overnight and wash in the morning.
Mask for hand and feet
- Papaya – Half cup
- Pineapple – Half cup
- Avocado – Half cup
- Honey 4 tablespoons
- Bran 1 cup
Procedure – Make a paste out of the above ingredients and apply till elbows for hands and ankles for feet. Wash after it gets dried up. This helps to get soft and supple skin.