Following are some of the simple tips to prevent diabetes:
- Avoid eating starchy foodstuff as they are not easily digestible.
- Take less amount of oil in your food.
- Avoid coffee, sugar, refined flour and alcohol.
- Do not take heavy meals. Eat small meals as they foods are easily digestible and are good for the health of diabetics.
- Take low fat diet and eat vegetables like spinach, cucumber.
- Eat fruits and milk product like cheese.
- Live a stress free life, stress will worsen the conditions.
- There is no restriction on fish and soy for a diabetic patient.
- Avoid white bread, rice, potatoes, sweet and sugary food.
- Do not eat junk food and oily food.
- Onion, sprouts, beans, garlic and tomatoes lower the sugar level in the blood.
- Soak two table spn of coriander seeds for overnight in one glass of water near about 200 ml, in the morning boil it and make it 100 milliliter it be at room temperature and drink it on empty stomach. repeat it in the evening.
- Juices of fruits such as orange, apple, pineapple, and grapes may be taken every two or three hours from 8 am to 8 pm for five days. The bowels should be cleaned daily with lukewarm water.
- The patient should take plenty of rest and spend a day in bed every week for the first two months of the treatment.
- Certain foods and fluids are extremely injurious for thyroid patients and should be avoided by them. These include white flour products, white sugar, flesh foods, fried or greasy foods, preserves, condiments, tea, coffee and alcohol.
- No drugs should be taken as they cause irritation in the tissues. Iodine is undoubtedly most helpful in many cases, but it should be introduced in organic form all foods containing iodine should be taken liberally. These are asparagus, cabbage, garlic, onion, oats, pineapple, whole rice, tomatoes, watercress and strawberries.
- Take bayberry, goldenseal, and myrrh for an underactive thyroid.
High blood pressure
- Additionally, fruits and vegetables provide a significant source of potassium, which can help lower blood pressure. The diet also recommends that individuals include at least three whole grain foods per day and limit or avoid foods made from refined flour. Replace solid fats such as butter, cream and cheese with low fat or non-fat dairy products.
- Consume more high quality protein foods such as lean meats, poultry and seafood. Fish containing omega-3 fatty acids are particularly helpful in lowering high blood pressure.
- Nuts, seeds and legumes provide plant proteins that have heart healthy benefits and increase healthy cholesterol. In addition to healthy eating, the DASH diet recommends limiting your alcohol intake and stop smoking.
Low blood pressure
- High fiber foods: If you’re eating white bread changing to whole wheat can help. Buy cereals high in fiber like Raisin Bran, Total, or Special K’s. Eat more oatmeal, and buy vegetables that are high in fiber, like broccoli, spinach, or fresh green beans. They will help lower your blood pressure, and, because they tend to be filling, will also help you lose weight
- .Eat more foods high in magnesium, potassium, and calcium. Eat more nuts and seeds, legumes, bananas, oranges, apples, avocados, and melons.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids also help lower blood pressure. Fish, such as salmon, cod, mackerel, and tuna are beneficial for lowering blood pressure by relaxing the artery walls.
- Alcohol beverages tend to raise blood pressure. Limit yourself to 1 glass of beer or 4 oz. of wine a day.
- Limit the amount of carbohydrates that you eat. Eat fewer potatoes, buy whole wheat bread instead of white bread, and don’t eat as much sweet food like cookies, cakes, candy, and yes, cutting down on soda will also help.
- You can boil one glassful of water with one tsp of Cinnamon powder. Drink this after adding pinch of pepper powder and honey. This gives relief in malarial fever up to certain extent.
- Grapefruit is another one of the good home remedies for malaria. It can be taken on daily basis. Grapefruit contains some natural quinine like material. To gain this benefit, boil quarter of a grapefruit and strain its pulp. Take an extract and consume it.
- Fever nut plant’s seeds are very beneficial in the treatment of malaria. They are readily available in the herbal store. You can go for either any of the fever nut preparation or can purchase raw and make powder of it. Take this under medical supervision. This is one of the well liked home remedies for malaria.
- Lime and lemon are also time tested and trusted home remedy for malaria. Take 3 gm of lime dissolved in about 60 ml of water and the juice of 1 lemon adding into it. This water is to be taken the moment one starts feeling feverish.
- Try to avoid junk food, packed food, spicy and oily food. This will make the malarial case worse.
- During the fever in malaria, cold pack application will be beneficial to reduce the body’s temperature.
- Apply the mud pack on the lower abdomen two or three times a day.
- If the temperature rises very high, cold pack to the forehead.
- Keep the intestine clean by taken an enema everyday.
- Sandalwood paste applied on the temple relieves headache and bring down the temperature in fever.
Cover yourself completely, especially when you are visiting mosquito-infested areas. Make sure you are wearing a long-sleeved shirt, socks and shoes.