1. Be active every day, even if it’s just taking a few extra steps each day.
2. Choose an exercise you enjoy. Once you are in the routine of exercise, work harder to challenge yourself and try something new.
3. Listen to music while you work out.
4. Set specific goals and make a solid commitment.
5. Set concrete goals at the gym. Each goal accomplished will be a step closer to your larger objectives.
6. Eat stews and soups to keep you warm and healthy. Homemade soups are a great way to put together the exact foods and spices you want and avoid unhealthy ingredients.
7. Make substitutions to your recipes. Cook with healthier ingredients and give your favorite recipes new flavors.
8. Eat less red meat. Aim for eating red meat only three or four times a month.
9. Buy just the items on your grocery list. Avoid impulsive purchases that are often less healthy.
10. Do without the fancy coffee drinks. Latte and blended drinks often have more than 700 calories. Stick to a cup of coffee with a bit of milk. And don’t forget to stay hydrated by drinking lots of water during the winter months.