A clean mouth is a healthy mouth, but also a healthy body. Studies have shown poor dental care can result in disease and over-all poor health
So brushing, flossing and seeing your dentist regularly is of upmost importance for maintaining a healthy mouth.
Sensitive teeth and gum
- Try putting some of the toothpaste on your finger or on a cotton swab and spreading it over the sensitive spots before you go to bed.Spit, but don’t rinse. Within a few weeks, your teeth should begin to feel less sensitive.
- Try a fluoride rinse. rinses, fluoride available without a prescription at your local pharmacy or in the dental section of grocery stores, can help decrease sensitivity, especially for people plagued with decay problems. Use it once a day. Swish it around in your mouth, then spit it out.
- Sometimes, people with sensitive teeth need a stronger fluoride rinse or gel than the ones available over the counter. For example, some treatments for gum disease, such as root planing (which reduces plaque), can leave sensitive teeth even more sensitive than usual. In such situations, dentists can apply a fluoride gel that helps relieve the problem.
- Keep your teeth clean. Plaque, the white gummy substance that forms on teeth, produces an acid that irritates teeth, especially if your choppers are naturally sensitive. Wage a daily attack against plaque by brushing at least twice, preferably right after eating and especially before bed, and flossing at least once.
- Keep your mouth clean with water and gargling. By doing so, you can remove the food particles that are left out and stuck between the teeth.
- Use a combination of mashed strawberries and sage leaf, massage the same into the teeth area, and rinse it out. What you will see will be natural white shining teeth.
- Lime juice, when mixed with baking soda, also works as one of the best options in natural teeth whitening.
- Flossing the teeth once in a day also helps to eradicate all the problems related to teeth whitening and other oral problems.
- Avoid the usage of red wine and coffee as they are harmful to your teeth and can leave unwanted stain on your teeth.
- Try to drink as much of water and milk in a day as you can. This will help you in getting better results, naturally. Also, you might be able to cut down your visits to a dental clinic.
- Use a tooth paste which is approved under American Dental Association. Currently, the market is loaded with many teeth whitening toothpastes. Try them out and see the results.
- Take healthy cereals for teeth because they can naturally increase your teeth strengths and whitening effects too.
- Eating lot of fruits and vegetables is really beneficial for teeth and for other parts of body as well, since it is said that healthy food is good to gain healthy body, healthy bones and healthy teeth. Thus, always choose healthy cereals for teeth.
An everyday use household product such as an onion can benefit one a great deal to get rid of toothache. One simply needs to place a small piece of onion on the tooth or gum that is causing pain. Onions hold antibacterial properties that can help one combat toothache effectively. In fact, chewing few onion slices on daily basis can prevent the occurrence of dental issues in your life to a great extent.
Rinsing one’s mouth with a solution of salt water can help one deal with pain as well as tooth infection. One should rinse their mouth numerous times in a day, in order to kill the infection that is causing toothache. Eradicating the infection would eventually reduce the pain accompanied with the condition.
Another effective homemade remedy for toothache includes clove oil. In order to make this solution work, one needs to use a cotton ball and drop few drops of clove oil into it. Once the cotton ball soaks the solution, one should place the cotton ball on the infected tooth. One will experience a numbness effect for nearly an hour after the application of clove oil. If the pain persists, one should try this remedy more than once in a day.
Not many people out there are aware of the fact that wheat grass juice can also enable them to seek relief from toothache. This juice works like a mouthwash for dental decay, and thereby offers relief against mild and severe tooth pain. Loaded with organic antibiotics, it withdraws the toxins present in our gums to get rid of bacterial growth.
Application of icepack can also do the trick for individuals affected by toothache. Individuals are advised to grab a few ice cubes and then wrap them inside a towel. One should then place the ice wrapped towel on the affected area to find relief from pain.
Pepper powder combined with common salt can be used to deal with toothache effectively. Those who use the mixture of pepper powder and common salt on daily basis are able to enjoy some added benefits such as reduction in cavity, bad breath and gums bleeding.
Interestingly, alcohol can also come to one’s rescue, when a person is troubled with toothache. Alcohol contributes towards the reduction of tooth pain by causing numbness. One simply needs to rub some amount of whisky on the aching tooth. One can also make use of alcohol soaked cotton ball over here to place it on the right of the aching teeth. The good news is that this remedy offers instant relief from the troublesome pain.
Remove canker sores
- Baking Soda. To get rid of that canker sore, use this home remedy with baking soda. Just make a paste with baking soda and water. Apply the baking soda paste to the canker sore.
- Black Tea Bag. A traditional way to alleviate the pain of canker sores is with a black tea bag. This home remedy for canker sores will work in just a few minutes. Make your tea as normal and when you are finished with your tea bag, place it on the canker sore. It will hurt in the beginning, but you will feel the pain start to subside. You can do this over and over again, but it is best to use a freshly brewed tea bag that has not been used before.
- Hydrogen Peroxide. To make a homemade remedy for canker sores using hydrogen peroxide, use the following recipe. Take two ounces of hydrogen peroxide (food grade) and two ounces of water. Add in five teaspoons of salt and one teaspoon of baking soda. Mix everything together and then rinse your mouth for at least one minute. Do this four to five times daily and your canker sore will be gone in just a few days.
- Aloe Vera Juice. Aloe Vera has long been used for burns, cuts and warts. Now it is a wonderful home remedy for canker sores. Just juice the entire leaf and dab the juice on the canker sore with a cotton swab. In just a few days, the canker sore will be gone and so will be the pain.
- Plum Juice. Plum juice is one of the best home remedies for canker sores that you can use. Just take two tablespoons of the juice and rinse your mouth as you would any mouth wash. If the pain is too much then dab a cotton swab in the juice and hold it on the canker sore for a few minutes. The intense pain of the canker sore will be gone in just a few minutes.